The Hakkenden

Es gibt 12 Antworten in diesem Thema. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von zEphYr.

Nö, tut mir echt leid. Ich hab nicht die Zeit gefunden. Wenn das Zeug immer am Montag um Mitternacht gelaufen ist und ich am nächsten Tag Schule hab. Du verstehst. Außerdem hat mich The Hakkenden bei der langen Anime-Night nicht so sehr vom Hocker gerissen. Tut mir wirklich leid. Ich habs nicht gesehen. Aber nett dass du mich fragst. Danke. :))
      @ Wolverine: Weil ich dich nicht einfach so hängen lassen will, hab ich mir ein paar Previews von Hakkenden durchgesehen und bin dabei auf das hier gestoßen. Ich hoffe du kannst Englisch.

Synopsis:
      A long time ago, Princess Fuse of the Satomi Clan was married off to the family dog, Yatsufusa. The circumstances for this turn of events were truly bizarre. Out of desperation, Fuse's father promised Yatsufusa that he'll have his daughter marry him if he brings back the head of the rival clan's lord. Yatsufusa surprisingly comes back with the bloody and detached head of their enemy, and so Fuse and her family have no choice but to fulfill the promise. Thus, Fuse and Yatsufusa go off to the mountains to start their strange new life together. However, after dreaming that she'd give birth to Yatsufusa's offspring, Fuse refuses to have Yatsufusa come near her -- threatening to commit suicide if he does. Now someone from the Satomi clan goes after the princess to try and rescue her, but mistakenly kills both her and Yatsufusa. As the princess lies dying, her eight prayer beads go up into the sky... and the legend of the dog warriors begins.

Review:
      Really. I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sympathetic at the prospect of the Satomi princess marrying the family dog. One thing's certain: the whole thing was just too strange to pass up. As far as I know, Fuse and Yatsufusa never had any sexual contact, so it's also a mystery to me as to why the eight warriors that were conceived from Fuse's prayer beads are considered "their" offspring.

The Hakkenden is an epic about the lives, trials, and tribulations of the eight warriors born clutching a prayer bead in their hands. They come from different places and have different parents, but all of them have lives that are marked by violence and tragedy. The first warrior is Shino. Shino was raised by an honorable samurai, but is tasked with the perilous duty of delivering the legendary Murasame sword to its rightful lord. Shino is supposed to be engaged to be married to a beautiful girl named Hamaji, but Hamaji's parents have higher ambitions and they would rather have Hamaji be the mistress of a rich noble. The second warrior is Sosuke. Sosuke and his mother were banished from their village when he was a child, and they were forced to journey through the harsh winter landscape. As they reach the next village (serendipitiously where Shino and Hamaji live), the mother collapses and dies... leaving poor Sosuke. Sosuke is taken in by Hamaji's parents, but he is treated as a manservant so he can repay his debt to them. Only Hamaji ever showed any kindness to Sosuke, and he loved her very much... which conflicts with Hamaji's engagement to Shino. Then there's Dosetsu, Hamaji's half-brother, who was poisoned and left for dead by Hamaji's mother when he was a child. Although I remember the other warriors' faces and life stories as well, I can't remember all their names (sorry!). The five remaining warriors don't come from the same village as Shino, Sosuke, and Dosetsu however, and they have totally different backgrounds. There's also the mysterious and serpentine villain named Aboshi, who seems to cause most (if not all) of the dog warriors' problems. Aboshi just wants them all dead.

The art and animation are excellent... in the first three episodes. There's a sudden dip in quality by the fourth episode, which looked like it was drawn by a complete amateur. After that, the visuals never quite reach the level of the first three eps and totally goes to hell by the tenth ep. The tenth ep makes MTV's Beavis and Butthead look frickin' good! Fortunately, the quality goes up after that, and by the time you reach the last two eps everything looks almost as good as when you started watching. The music is just beautiful. I especially loved the ending theme "Tabi-Inochi no Sho", which had a soft, rustic-sounding, and melancholic melody. Surprisingly, the English version of that song entitled "Blue Skies" is just as good. The English dubbing is superb, my only nitpick being the varying pronounciations of Hamaji's name. Seiyuus of note in the original Japanese version include Aya Hisakawa (also Sailormercury in "Sailormoon", Skuld in "Oh My Goddess") as Hamaji, and Toshihiko Seki (also Duo Maxwell in "Gundam Wing") as Shino.

The Hakkenden presents a good mix of no-holds-barred samurai action (complete with gallons of blood, rolling heads, and severed limbs), richly portrayed characters, and an intricately woven plot. My only problem with it aside from the horrendously inconsistent visuals is the fact that there are just way too many subplots and characters (almost every dog warrior have their own set of supporting characters), so it gets a bit confusing at times.

..a bit confusing... Das ist wohl eine kleine Untertreibung. Bei der langen Anime-Night hab ich den Plot kein bisschen verstanden.
      Bei meinen endlosen Streifzügen durch die Anime-Seiten der Welt bin ich auf diesen Hakkenden-DVD Test gestoßen.

ciao.com/The_Hakkenden_DVD__Test_2601452

Wenn er dir nichts nützt kannst du ja noch bei Google unter Hakkenden DVD Test suchen. Da kommt dann gleich ne ganze Menge.
      Für alle die interesse an der Serie haben:

Im Saturn Berlin Europa Center gibt es alle 4 DVDs für jeweils schlappe 5,99 €!!!!

The Hakkenden - Vol. 1
      Amazon: 8,95
      Saturn: 5,99

The Hakkenden - Vol. 2,3,4
      Amazon: 24,99
      Saturn: 5,99

Gutschrift möglich: 59,96 € :freaky: :freaky:

Hab natpürlich sofort zugeschlagen beim Saturn. Freu mich schon auf den Anime! :]

Where no dog has gone before ...
      Original von DarkTNT
      Haettest du mir mal gleich mitnehmen koennen...bin naemlich ans Bett gefesselt ;(

Ich könnte ja morgen nochmal vorbeischauen und dir 4 abgreifen ... falls du bis dahin nicht dazukommst! Oder du bestellst bei Amazon und beantragst die Gutschriften ... :tlol:

Hab mir mal die erste und zweite Folge angesehen. Zeichenstil sowie deutsche Synchro sind sehr gut. Die Geschichte, wie sie sich bis jetzt abzeichnet, kann mich auch überzeugen.
      Finde es interessant, dass alles einen mythologischen Touch bekommen hat.
      Bin sehr gespannt, wie sich die Story weiterentwickelt.

• Teilen