The Good, the Bad and the Weird (Korea 2008)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Es gibt 54 Antworten in diesem Thema. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von ElMariachi90.

The Good, the Bad and the Weird (Korea 2008)

The Good, the Bad and the Bewerter 7
        07/10 (0) 0%
        04/10 (1) 14%
        10/10 (0) 0%
        06/10 (0) 0%
        09/10 (2) 29%
        05/10 (1) 14%
        02/10 (0) 0%
        03/10 (0) 0%
        08/10 (3) 43%
        01/10 (0) 0%
      Eingefügt von RickOne

The Good, The Bad, The Weird
      (Good, The Bad, The Weird, The, Korea 2009)

Studio/Verleih: 20th Century Fox Pictures
      Regie: Ji-woon Kim
      Produzent(en): Jae-Won Choi
      Drehbuch: Ji-woon Kim, Min-suk Kim
      Kamera: Mo-gae Lee, Seung-Chul Oh
      Musik: Dalparan, Yeong-gyu Jang
      Genre: Action, Western
      Darsteller: Kang-ho Song, Byung-hun Lee, Woo-sung Yung

Inhalt: "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" verfolgt die Geschichte von drei koreanischen Verbrechern und ihre gegenseitige Rivalität als sie sich, gejagt von der japanischen Armee und chinesischen Banditen, auf die Suche nach einer Schatzkarte machen.

Kino-Start (D): 30.07.2009
      Kino-Start (USA): TT.MM.JJJJ
      Laufzeit: 125 Minuten
      Altersfreigabe: ab 16 Jahren

Das ist wohl die genialste Nachricht des Tages, zumindest für diejenige, die etwas mit koreanischem Kino anfangen können.

Kim Jee-Won, Regisseur von Filmen wie "The Quiet Family", "A Tale of two Sisters" und "A Bittersweet Life" wird dieses Jahr mit der Produktion zu seinem neuesten Film beginnen und ihn planmäßig 2008 in die koreanischen Kinos bringen. Der Film trägt den Titel "The Good, the Bad and the Weird" und stellt einen koreanischen Western dar, der um das Jahr 1900 herum spielen soll.

Das ist alleine in der Form schon sehr interessant, aber nein, nun sind auch die Hauptdarsteller gecasted worden, und da wird jedem, der etwas mit den Namen anfangen kann, der Atem stocken. Die Hauptrollen belegen zum Einen Song Kang-Ho (The Host, Memories of Murder, etc), Lee Byung-Hun (JSA, A Bittersweet Life) und auch Jung Woo-Sung (Daisy, Musa, Restless).

Gedreht wird der Film in China, mit einem Budget von 10 Millionen Dollar (gleiche Kosten wie "The Host" und "Restless"). Mehr ist bisher noch nicht bekannt. Aber das wird ein langes Warten...
      Hey, das klingt echt gut! Ich bin auf weitere Infos schon gespannt.
      "I sense that people at foreign festivals expect something violent or radical from my films, some kind of extreme entertainment that's different from everything else playing there. But it was not my aim to create those types of films, it was the the result of choosing the best way to express the subject." - Takashi Miike

Neuer Artikel bei Hancinema:

"I wanted to take the most American of film genres - the western - and turn it into something that felt authentically Korean", said director Kim Ji-woon. After thinking about it, Kim said he figured Manchuria during the Japanese occupation is the perfect setting.
      "Then, I realized that there are already films by Korean directors that are westerns set in Manchuria, such as Lee Man-hui's 'Cut the Chain' [1971] and Shin Sang-ok's 'Vagabond'. I didn't get to see it but I heard that Im Gwon-tek also made this kind of film", he said.
      I met Kim when he was in the middle of making his new film "Good Guy, Bad Guy, Strange Guy", which is set to open in theaters early next year. The idea of Kim (who is known for mixing genres, including horror, comedy and noir) shooting a western in Manchuria has been a hot topic in the industry for some time.
      The title, which the director borrowed in part from Segio Leone's 1966 spaghetti western "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", makes the film accessible for non-Koreans as well. The star-studded cast includes Song Kang-ho, Lee Byeong-Heon and Jeong Woo-seong, forming a 'dream team' of actors.
      "Good Guy, Bad Guy, Strange Guy" is set during the 1930s when the Japanese occupied Manchuria. Conflict elements such as the West eying the land for occupancy will add to the tension of the plot. Visuals will also be strong "with Westerners and Asians riding horses. Besides horses, there will also be motorcycles and jeeps appearing in the film", said Kim.
      The three stars will play horse-riding thieves who embark on various adventures after discovering a treasure map. As to matching the three to their respective roles as the good, the bad and the strange, the director said: "The roles can change as the plot develops. On the outside, they can all be bad guys. They are basically three guys who, during the Japanese occupation, had to leave their homeland to go to Manchuria and struggle to adjust to living there".
      The production cost totals 14 billion won ($15 million). Many action scenes were digitally made before the actual shoot.
      "The last big chase scene features almost all of the characters in the film coming together to perform. There needed to be a lot of preparation beforehand. Also, because we had Chinese and American staff working together with translators, we had to be prepared", Kim said.
      The film will be shot mainly in China, for around six months, with other shoots taking place in Hollywood and Korea.
      "I thought about a lot of things as I was going from continent to continent. I wondered what the Korean map would feel like if the top [of the peninsula] stretched wide open", he said.
      While preparing for the shoots, Kim said that he felt a sense of respect for those who direct blockbusters. "Even though the process was really tough, my heart beats when thinking about the three actors and the vast land that we will be filming on", he said.

By Lee Hoo-nam JoongAng Ilbo

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Morty“ ()

Das ist die Frage. Einige hatten behauptet, Lee Byung-Hun's Bild sei aus "A Bittersweet Life" und Song Kang-Ho's aus "Antarctic Journal". Wenn man genau hinsieht, hält er zwei Pistolen in der Hand, und das war in "Antarctic..." nicht der Fall. Das Bild von Jung Woo-Sung ganz links dürfte ebenfalls offiziell sein.

Wie auch immer, der Film wurde bereits nach Großbritannien und Frankreich für einige 100 000 Dollar verkauft, die höchste Summe für einen koreanischen Film, den man ins Ausland verkauft hat.
      Juhu der wird sicher toll .. bin sehr Regisseurorientiert .. wer Talent hat, dreht in den seltensten Fällen absolute Gurken ^^

Western aus Asien .. ist mir völlig neu. Aber finde ich sehr interessant, zumal das Genre eindeutig aus der Mode gekommen ist. Wird sicher eh irgendwann wieder kommen :P aber ich freu mich auf den Film. Neeed Trailer!!
      "Lache, und die ganze Welt lacht mit dir! Weine, und du weinst allein"
      Neue Infos von KFCC:

Synopsis

In the 1930s, the world is in chaos. In Northeast Asia, the Korean
      Peninsula has fallen into the hands of the Japanese Imperialists. Many
      Koreans have flocked to Manchuria, the vast terrain of horses and
      wilderness bordering their homeland and China. Some of them, inevitably,
      have turned into mounted bandits to earn their living in this barren
      wasteland.

Tae-gu (The Weird) is a thief. He robs a train of Japanese military officers,
      but the incident is not as simple as it first seems. In the middle of this
      fierce gun battle against the Japanese, he obtains a mysterious map that
      leads to a treasure from the Qing Dynasty, buried somewhere in
      Manchuria.

Yet, the map is also sought by Chang-yi, the cold blooded hitman (The
      Bad). Tae-gu must fight not only the Japanese but also Chang-yi and his
      fellow thugs, who happen to attack the train at the same time. At the end
      of this intense gunfight, a mysterious man jumps into the center of the
      battle from nowhere and rescues Tae-gu with astonishing gunplay.
      Having survived the battle, Tae-gu thanks the man for saving his life. Yet,
      he does not know that this stranger is Do-won, the bounty hunter (The
      Good), who has been chasing Tae-gu to turn him in for a reward.
      These three men - Do-won (The Good), Chang-yi (The Bad) and Tae-gu
      (The Weird) - will soon discover that the map they are battling for is also a
      magnet that attracts others as diverse as the Korean resistance,
      Chinese/Russian/Korean mountain bandits and the Japanese army. The
      blazing gun battle in the train proves to be merely the beginning of the
      rollercoaster ride to the final showdown to come.

Director's Statement

The broad plains of Manchuria offer a seemingly boundless landscape of
      earth and sky, long ruled by wild men and their horses. It became a battle
      field for great powers in 1930s. And it also became a land of exile for
      Koreans wandering there.
      Do-won, the bounty hunter, Chang-yi, the cold-blooded hitman and Tae-
      The Good, the Bad and the Weird
      KIM Jee-woon gu, the train bandit, are players in an epic story staged
      against Manchuria’s striking, exotic landscape.
      I would like to express the overflowing emotion filling the
      endless landscape with a matter of life and death, but I
      also want to do it in a rather humorous way. On yet
      another level, I want to show the audience the faces of
      Koreans of that era who had been abandoned by their
      homeland and by the insurmountable tide of history.
      Personally, this film also represents a genre that I have
      envisioned during my previous filmmaking endeavors.
      With this never-before-seen genre of the “Oriental
      Western”, I want to create cinematic excitement and the
      sensation of wild action staged on a vast and exotic
      landscape.